theEword was appointed through a joint partnership between Merlin Entertainments PLC and Visit Blackpool, to lead the digital strategy for the seaside destination. Our work helped reposition Blackpool as a family-orientated destination, as well as boosting summer visitor numbers. The campaign #Blackpoolsback revolved around reminding families of the resort’s unrivalled concentration of world-class family attractions and award-winning beach. Our campaign has helped to highlight a summer calendar packed with exciting events.
Watch our video below and hear what Merlin Entertainments had to say about our campaign. If you like what you see, complete the form on the right and we’ll start sending you our regular, great content.
Sign up for great content
- Drive ticket sales for attractions and events.
- Increase traffic and engagement for #Blackpoolsback campaign.
- Build and market conversion focused microsite.
- Designed and built the #Blackpoolsback microsite.
- Created over 200 unique adverts - each designed to ensure it would appeal to the target audience and reflect the brand's image, as well as incorporating a 'call to action' to encourage people to click on it.
- To create engaging and shareable blog content to attract our target audience and drive them to the microsite.
In 3 months we achieved
- Over 400,000 microsite visits
- Over 120,000 ‘Buy Tickets’ clicked
- Over 25,000 blog page views
- 9,000 microsite social shares
- 30% conversion rate on PPC campaign
- 60,000 clicks on Twitter & Facebook ad campaigns