Business Development Manager
theEword is a digital marketing agency that specialises in using content to positively influence the buying journey and drive measurable business results for clients.
What we’re looking for
We’re on the lookout for a talented business development professional, who is engaging, has great communication skills and a strong commercial eye. They’ll play a key role in a busy sales and marketing team; helping them to deliver on inbound and outbound campaigns both big and small.
They’ll love speaking on the phone, spotting new business opportunities and get a real buzz from delivering a truly exceptional experience for businesses that engage with theEword.
They’ll have a voice and be given the opportunity to shape the role with their bundles of creativity and energy. You’ll work closely with theEword’s directors, having an opportunity to really add value and play your part.
theEword are excited to be celebrating our 10th birthday this year and can proudly say we work with some of the most reputable businesses in the UK. We’re on a very exciting journey and want an ambitious, confident and friendly team player to become part of our story.
- You’ll establish and nurture relationships with clients, advocates and prospects to allow you to seek out and generate commercially viable opportunities.
- You’ll be really driven and want to play a key role in a successful team. Day-to-day this will include proposal writing, attending prospect meetings and assisting in the production of formal pitch documentation.
- Networking will play a key role in you becoming an ambassador for the agency, in turn allowing you to grow business contacts and generate opportunity, which, as a leading member of the team, you will set an example in working to convert.
- Outbound calling will be second nature to you. You’ll be excited to speak with prospects on the phone and get a buzz from helping their business grow.
- As an ambassador and key stakeholder in how the agency is seen and perceived externally, it will be in your interests to contribute to and help steer the outbound marketing activity in which the agency engages.
- You’ll love building relationships. Achieving targets is important to you but never at the expense of the brand, the service or the team.
- Autonomy and proactivity are among your key traits. You don’t need someone to hand-hold you, you just need someone to point you in the right direction.
- Previous experience in a sales or a business development role.
- Strong experience in using Microsoft Office to create compelling presentations and proposals.
- Previous experience in a client-facing digital environment is desired but not essential.
- Strong experience in pitching, and demonstrating a product or service.
- Strong negotiation skills and an experience of achieving targets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a finely tuned ability to influence others.
- A demonstrable passion for digital and desire to be the best.
- A real willingness to learn and a desire to forge a successful digital marketing career.
- Strong attention to detail and great task management skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and timekeeping.
- 28 days holiday per year plus Christmas and New Year off (and your birthday after one year’s service)
- Regular one-to-ones and goal setting
- Tailored progression planning
- Vibrant city centre office
- Internal and external training and coaching
- Excellent working environment
- Free coffee, tea, soft drinks and fruit
- Friendly, creative atmosphere with great team spirit
- Team lunches and social events
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
To apply for this position, please email your CV and tell us why you think you’d be perfect for this role. All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org