Digital PR and Outreach Executive
theEword is looking for a Digital PR and Outreach Specialist to join the team. The role is an exciting and varied one, where the right candidate will be involved in placing the content we create on specifically targeted blogs and news channels. The role is varied though, and it will also require the successful candidate to be heavily involved in planning and delivering strong and sophisticated creative content campaigns for a diverse range of clients.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual wanting to play a key part in creating and outreaching content projects and looking to build their agency-side experience within a creative environment.
- Job Title: Digital PR and Outreach Executive
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Hours: 7.5 hours Mon-Thurs, 7 hours on Fridays (flexitime) Holidays: 20 days per year + bank holidays and Christmas off
- Location: Northern Quarter, Manchester – See more at:
We are looking for a Digital PR and Outreach Specialist to join our team. You will build relationships and make new connections while effectively marketing our content online. That includes extensive outreach to bloggers, writers, journalists, media outlets, site managers and administrators via email, social media, and telephone.
This is a varied role that will also see the successful candidate be heavily involved in content creation in its various forms (blog articles, social media planners, infographics and guides).
We are looking for ambitious go-getters who are always eager to learn. The digital landscape changes quickly; as such, we need people who are willing to keep up with and embrace change by introducing new ideas and ways of thinking into the company.
- Passion for media relations and influencer outreach
- 0-2 years of experience in outreach, content, email marketing, digital marketing, SEO, online sales, social media, PR, or related field
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- General internet proficiency
- Ability to manage large lists in Excel
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- A creative flair and an ability to produce interesting and engaging content
- Desire to create and deliver content marketing campaigns
- Desire to create and deliver successful PR/outreach activities – successful campaigns implemented and great placements achieved
- Basic understanding of SEO and other online marketing disciplines
- Understanding of full content cycles from creation to uploading and/or placement
- Team player with strong leadership, diplomacy and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal formats
- Exceptional organisation and prioritisation skills
- Ability to be flexible and meet deadlines
- Excellent command of written English and faultless attention to detail
- Good technical aptitude and strong computer skills
- Adept at spotting new trends
- Willing to learn new skills and be flexible
- Identify potential opportunities to pitch content to
- Research those opportunities to create personalised pitches
- Create effective email pitches to compel industry influencers to include a citation and/or link in previously created pieces of content or publish an article, guest blog, and opinion piece
- Outreach and contact key influencers through social media and/or by phone to pitch and follow up with them
- Think of creative new methods to implement within your outreach approach
- Manage a large network of contacts
- Monitor and report the success of your outreach efforts
- Provide input on individual pieces of content and help improve the overall content marketing strategy
- Be part of the production and placement of consistent, high quality work to agreed deadlines
- Work with colleagues and third parties to plan, discuss, develop & produce projects and ideas
- Plan and write content for different formats and for multiple outlets (infographic, interactive pieces, guest blog posts, etc.)
- To report on the content and outreach performance of the campaigns you’re involved with
- Proactively seek ways to improve yourself, the team, and the company
- 20 days of holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas off per year
- Your birthday off after one year’s service and a chance to increase your holiday allowance for every year you work at theEword
- Excellent working environment
- Friendly, creative atmosphere with great team spirit
- Team lunches and social events
- Annual bonus scheme
Please note we will not accept applications from recruitment agencies.