Content Marketing Executive
theEword is looking for a Content Marketing Executive to join the team. The role is an exciting and varied one, where the right candidate will be involved in planning and delivering strong and sophisticated creative content campaigns for our diverse range of clients.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual wanting to play a key part in content projects and looking to build their agency side experience within a creative environment.
- Job Title:Content Marketing Executive
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Hours: 7.5 hours Mon-Thurs, 7 hours on Fridays (flexitime) Holidays: 20 days per year + bank holidays and Christmas off
- Location: Northern Quarter, Manchester –
You will be responsible for developing and producing content that generates interest, coverage and links. You will also be expected to build and develop relationships with key influential bloggers, website owners and journalists in order to distribute and market content produced by the team.
As part of our content marketing team, you will need to research, develop and test new content and outreach techniques, so an ability to use initiative and a willingness to learn is essential. We are looking for ambitious go getters who are always eager to learn. The digital landscape changes quickly, as such, we need people who are willing to keep up with and embrace change by introducing new ideas and ways of thinking into the company.
- A creative flair and an ability to produce interesting and engaging content
- Desire to create and deliver content marketing campaigns
- Desire to create and deliver successful PR/outreach activities – successful campaigns implemented and great placements achieved
- Basic understanding of SEO and other online marketing disciplines
- Understanding of full content cycles from creation to uploading and/or placement
- Team player with strong leadership, diplomacy and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format
- Exceptional organisation and prioritisation skills
- Ability to be flexible and meet deadlines
- Good command of written English and faultless attention to detail
- Good technical aptitude and strong computer skills
- Adept at spotting new trends
- Willing to learn new skills and be flexible
- To consistently produce high-quality work to agreed deadlines
- To work with colleagues and third parties to plan, discuss, develop & produce projects and ideas
- To work with the Senior Content Marketer and the Head of Content to ensure that clients’ goals and objectives are met for each piece of content created
- To identify opportunities for onsite and offsite content that will generate interest and coverage
- To research and identify key influential individuals (i.e. website owners) and build and develop relationships with them in order to distribute and market content
- To plan and write content for different formats and for multiple outlets (infographics, interactive pieces, guest blog posts, etc.)
- To ensure content is prepared and optimised before outreach; e.g. landing page, authorship, mark-up, social media, ego-bait, etc
- To outreach content in order to meet campaign objectives, such as coverage, links, page views and conversions
- To report on the content and outreach performance of the campaigns you’re involved with
- To research, test and share new ideas
- To help the new business team by coming up with ideas for potential clients
- 20 days of holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas off per year
- Your birthday off after one year’s service and a chance to increase your holiday allowance for every year you work at theEword
- Excellent working environment
- Friendly, creative atmosphere with great team spirit
- Team lunches and social events
- Annual bonus scheme
Please note we will not accept applications from recruitment agencies.